What is Unity?
Unity of Traverse City is a positive path for spiritual living. We are offer spiritual teachings that have practical application today and support the spiritual growth and evolution of every person, wherever they may be on their individual and unique journey in life.
Unity is a part of New Thought Christianity and offers teachings that are based in love and not fear. We have a very positive approach to life based in our belief in our oneness with God and with all people. We are here to learn and grow together, and we welcome all people to our ministry.
We encourage you to explore, study, and use Unity’s teachings in ways that work for you and your own spiritual understanding. Following are the five basic teachings in which Unity beliefs are based:
- God is the source and creator of all. There is no other enduring power. God is good and present everywhere.
- We are spiritual beings, created in God’s image. The spirit of God lives within each person; therefore, all people are inherently good.
- We create our life experiences through our way of thinking.
- There is power in affirmative prayer, which we believe increases our awareness of God.
- Knowledge of these spiritual principles is not enough. We must live them.
For a historical overview and celebration of the Unity movement, click here.