Membership at Unity of Traverse City offers you the opportunity to grow in Spirit. As you pursue your spiritual path we encourage you to explore what it means to be committed to living universal truths. Membership in Unity is not required, but is encouraged as a way for an individual to commit to his or her own spiritual growth. Active members attend services regularly, participate in events, invest their time in service to our spiritual community, attend classes and contribute their financial gifts to Unity of Traverse City.
Why consider membership?
1. Becoming a member confirms to you and your spiritual community that you are committed to living a life of love, abundance and meaning. It affirms a sense of commitment to personal spiritual growth, ownership of your individual beliefs and a willingness to make a difference.
2. Membership in Unity of Traverse City helps to transform any old feelings of ‘not belonging.’ Many of us arrive at Unity from other traditions having searched for a place where we feel at home. Embracing membership affirms, ‘I belong!’
3. Committing to membership is a public affirmation that says “I walk my talk” setting an example for others in living a positive life.
4. Only members can participate in voting on important church matters.
5. You become a part of the growing group of people who are living consciously and actively making a difference in the world.
The Membership Pathway, consisting of two prerequisite classes and a membership class, is offered two times a year. Membership classes culminate with a sacred blessing from our spiritual community during our celebration services on Membership Sunday. To become a member, attendance is required at all three classes and on Membership Sunday. Class pre-registration is strongly requested and appreciated. Membership classes are offered by our senior minister, Rev. Eileen Stulak.
Requirements for membership:
1. Unity of Traverse City & You Class (pre-requisite)
2. Unity Basics Class (pre-requisite)
3. Membership Class
4. Membership Sunday attendance
View the Membership Pathway schedule and Membership Covenant here.
If you are interested in becoming a member or would like to sign up for any of the Membership Pathway classes, please contact Jessica Merwin at [email protected], or 231-938-9587.